Sunday, November 05, 2006

Irksome...

Well, I've put the bike away for the winter... almost. The tank is full, seafoam in place and I may pull the battery out in a week or so. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow, and I just may go for a ride. I still have work on it that I need to do, and will probably toy around with it a bit (including that maddening colortune that I am finally getting the hang of...) I would like to do a complete tear down of the bike, getting it cleaned up and shiny for the spring.

I am going to have to repaint the gas tank and find some sort of sealant for it. I dripped gas onto the paint and it ate into the clearcoat. I sanded it out, but it's not the same. I feel I can do a better job the second time around, now that I have experience with it. I like the color... but the next time I think I am going to do a bit more sanding.

I took the plugs out again and took a look at them. It appears to be running a bit lean. I don't know if that's because of the weather change or what it is. I need to do a fuel adjustment.

It's been a great experience working on the bike for much of the fall, and I look forward to this spring. I'll still post here a bit, whenever I work on the bike, and post pics as well.

No comments: