Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Maxim X Ride

I've taken the plugs out of the bike, cleaned them thouroughly and placed them carefully back in their respective slots. I noticed that the plugs are still fouling a bit, but until I get someone who knows what they are doing, that's just something I am going to have to put up with.

The bike took off like an absolute rocket. Scary, even. I also recently purchased a set of dyna coils to put on the Maxim X in hopes of fixing the poor starting issues I have been having. Tomorrow, I am going to pull the tank, pull the plugs and take a look to see if there is any carbon buildup on the points. I hope not. I pulled one plug today and it was that lovely cinnamon color that it's supposed to be, but I have a feeling the rest of the plugs are not as well colored. The bike is acting a little funny, so I know it's running rich. Either that or the carbs need adjusting, as in air fuel mixture.

It was fun taking the bike out for a run. I took it to work today, and it started up pretty well after sitting all day. The pick up on it is a lot of fun.

Do I really want to sell it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you guys having unseasonably nice weather up there, or are you forcing the season? Early March in Michigan doesn't sound like the best riding weather.