Sunday, August 19, 2007

Coil project

Well, I went ahead and did it myself. Installed the coils! A few snaggles here and there, but overall the procedure went surprisingly well. I'd say it took me about 3 hours all told to get them the old coils off, the new coils configured with the wiring and then installed. I accidentally mis-wired a couple of coils, but once I figured out the problem, it ran like gangbusters! I didn't get to ride it far, basically around the block, but it gave me a pretty good idea what I'm in for, speed. :)

I still need to do a seafoam treatment, put the horns back on, and re-paint my gas tank... yes, again. Gas leaked out during the coil installation and ruined the paint job on the tank. I'm hoping I can get that done tomorrow... or Tuesday, if it's nice.

I'll definitely be posting pics.

No comments: