Wednesday, August 16, 2006

At this moment...

I have $1500.00 in my hand. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. First thing in the morning, I have to run up to my insurance company and get a copy of the policy for the bike. Then, I have to race across town and make it to the SoS office and get a plate and registration for the bike. Then, I have to race out to GL to put the new plate on the bike and have JR drive it to my house for me. Then, I am going to spend an hour just staring at the bike, cleaning it, kissing it... sitting on it.

Friday is the class, but I won't be able to get my license until Monday (after the class, assuming I pass it). I can walk into the SoS and take the written, hand them my certificate/waiver for the road test, and viola, I am now a licensed motorsyclist in the great state of Michigan.

How ya like them apples? Better be watching behind you Monday. If you see a guy on a motorcyle driving in first gear the entire trip, that's me. Actually, I won't be on the road until I am more comfortable with the whole shifting idea.

I have to get ahold of Bill and see if he'll spend some time with me working on the bike. I need to get that rear tire changed (another $90.00, but a necessary part) change the oil and air filter. Probably should change the spark plug as well...

The way i came up with the money was ingenious. I called BoA and told them my current interest rate was way too high. I mean, come on! 21.4% That's crazy! So, by doing a balance transfer on another car to BoA, I was able to get a better rate (14.2%) which isn't fantastic, but beats what I was paying. The cash advance interest rate is 24%, but since I am transferring the balance to the new card, I won't be charged the higher rate!

I'll still have a staggering balance on this card, but I'll pay in down in about a month, once school starts.

I'm giddy. I've had about 2 hours sleep in the last 2 days. Not so sure I'll be able to sleep tonight either, unless it's from sheer exhaustion. I need to get the garage cleaned out tomorrow as well, so I can make room for the bike. JR is a hell of a guy, offering to ride it to my house.

I'll post pics of the bike tomorrow.

I found a great website called Cecilie's Moto Journal, and it is after her template I will be creating the rest of this blog. Thanks Cecilie (is that like Sicily?). I've never met you, but through your blog I feel like I do.

No comments: