Thursday, October 19, 2006

Takin' it apart...


I pulled the plugs from the bike today and took a few photos of them to see how well the bike is doing as far as fuel is concerned. I think 2 carbs may be running lean. An adjustment via colortune is in order.

I wanted to add iridium plugs to my bike, ordered some from FTMS and then they tried to rob me by changing the price from $7 a piece to $10 a piece. Crooks. I'll order them from the net. Average price seems to be about $7. Of course, there's nothing wrong with these plugs It's just that the iridium plugs are better.

I received the diaphragm today, gratis via Trukerjim. Great guy, him. The diaphragm fit perfectly, and I adjusted my carbs based on the new diaphragm and I must say, the bike is running great. I also just bought a set of carbs for $66 from ebay. I plan to dissect these so that if I ever need to pull my carbs from the bike (or need parts) I'll have them handy. I could have have gotten these for $9.99 is a couple of non-serious bidders hadn't raised the price. Ah well, free market economy.

Supposed to go biking tonight with that group from GR. Hope the weather holds.

No comments: