Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not a lot new to report...

I've taken the bike to work every night so far, and I have to say I am very happy with the way it's performing. I still think I need to do one more carb tune, just to flush out any remaining gremlins, but overall, the bike fires up with nary a touch of the starter button, very little choke. I was showing my bike off to one of my fellow workers (who also happens to ride, I think a Kawi ninja) who was impressed with how the bike looked. He especially liked the shininess of the tank, asking me, "How many times did you wax that thing??" The bike started right up and he watched me ride away, giving me a thumbs up. Pretty cool.

I'm still considering a road trip here very soon. I haven't been to Canada since 2006, maybe I'll look up old Hap and see what he's up to.

Beautiful weather today. Sometimes, working nights is a pain because you miss out on great riding weather. Oh, I could ride all day, but then staying awake at night would be a trial.

I need to figure out a way to fashion some saddlebag brackets. I have a set of cloth saddlebags that fit under the back seat, but I fear they will rub against the tire. I know I've seen the directions for making your own. Maybe on Hap's site.

http://www.maxim-x.com/saddlebag_retainer.html

Yep, that's the ticket.

In other news, I've lost a bit of weight recently, which is only mention worthy because I've noticed riding the bike is more fun (and I don't have to stop as often for gas) and my jacket is a bit looser. I've lost almost 20#! Yay me!

I'll be riding more this week. If Michigan's weather holds up. :)

No comments: