Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Engine Guards and coil covers

A while ago, I replaced the failing coils on my bike for brand new dyna coils. Unfortunately, it required removing the chrome covers, leaving a bright green coil that really stood out against the black frame. Using a bit of ingenuity, I finally figured out a way to attach the coil covers back on the bike. I trimmed the edge of the cover to fit around the posts on the coil, then attached them with Velcro! Easy fix! And, it looks great!





I also acquired some engine guards on eBay which I also installed today. They were originally chrome, but pretty rusty. A few coats of rust inhibiting engine paint, and viola! A place to install highway pegs! Oh, and of course they'll also protect my bike if it happens the fall over. :)

So, the bike is coming together. I checked all my plugs today as well, and they all look pretty good. Only one is a little rich, the others are the nice golden brown color, not unlike a well tended marshmallow over a fire.


I've been riding my bike to work, and have been very happy with the way it responds. It fires right up, even when I use too much choke (which I am using with increasing proficiency. Less is more). I plan to take a road trip here very soon, as the riding season is passing by alarmingly fast. The ride that was planned for Bill was canceled after his death, but there has been talk of a memorial ride for safety. If so, I am there.

No comments: