Monday, August 24, 2009

Hittin' the Road

I took a road trip through Eaton Rapids to Jackson recently, hitting the backroads, (that is, rather than taking 127S.) I'm glad I did. The roads were in good shape, and I saw a few things that will require a repeat trip.

Outside the small burg of Tompkins Township, I found a interesting site. Suspended between 2 posts was an old motorcycle, possibly a Yamaha, just swaying in the breeze. Just beyond that, the motorcycle shop Flywheel. I so wanted to stop and take a picture, but I was past it before I could slow down, and I had no where to turn around, so I decided to take a snappie of it on my way back. It didn't work out that way, as I ended up taking 127N all the way back. I'll definitely make a return trip, however. While the town of Tompkins didn't really have much to offer, the roads were hilly enough to keep it interesting, and the scenery was pleasant. Lots of roadkill, especially raccoons, though deer crossing signs were liberally dotted along the road. There were a number of other bikers out on that same stretch of road so it must be a favorite.

Definitely will be taking another trip soon.

No comments: