Saturday, August 08, 2009

Newest Acquisition

I'm back! King's Island was a hoot! I didnt really go on many rides; my youngest had recently broken his right arm and wasn't allowed to ride, thus, we hung out, did a lot of chatting, munching and got a cool caricature done of the both of us. Very cool moments like that don't come around very often.

Driving through OhiO was an experience. No helmet laws! I saw a lot of guys riding lidless, some without even eye protection, at 70mph. Insane. I can't imagine what it must feel like getting hit in the face by a june bug at 70, or even a rock thrown from a semi. Lots of HD bikes on the road, though I did see some old Yammies. Mostly decked out HD's with so much accoutrements and accessories you could barely see the bike. Lots of HD dealerships down there.

I bought a set of engine guards off eBay. They are a little dinged up, having come off a wrecked Maxim X. One side has a pretty serious dent in it, but I think I'll be able to pound it out or bend it back into shape. The chrome is pretty scuffed, but again, I think I'll paint it glossy black. These things are tough to find.

No comments: