Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So, doing my daily inspection of my bike, I've noticed oil leaking from somewhere down below, ending up greasing up my chrome pipes. I'm not sure exactly where it's coming from, and there aren't any drips on the ground under the bike, plus my oil level hasn't changed much... But I'm still going to change out the oil sending unit, the gasket, the exhaust seals and shine up the chrome near the manifold. I've been told I can ride the bike as is and wait until winter, but I can't do that. I'm also going to pull off the carbs again and check my manifold boot seals (since I'll have the bike torn down anyway). That squeaking is still with me, like an old friend, once the bike warms up.

Hopefully the guards will arrive in the next few days. I am going to be spending about $25 to fix the oil issues (deargodletitbesimple) and maybe another $50 to get some hiway pegs and I'll be good to go. It sounds like a really involved process pulling everything off but heck if I can do carbs this should be a piece of cake.

No comments: