Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Viragoking is no more!

Spoke with my friend Viragoking yesterday. Seems like he found a great deal on a 1980 xj650 Maxim and will be trading straight up for his xv700 on Friday. It seemed he was having problem after problem with that virago, had a lot of work done on it, and still needed to do some more before he could get it on the road. We were going to use one of my old coils to replace one of his, but looks like we won't have to do that now. Those Maxim's are a dependable lot.

I keep thinking about my poor bike sitting out in the garage all alone, in pieces, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new parts. I was reading up on chrome polishing and am going to try a few more things to remove some of the corrosion on the pipes before I reinstall. IT's not bad, and certainly not worn through, just not very visually appealing.

I also got an email from DW regarding his progress on his X. It looks even better than before! He's slowly putting it together, and I'm jealous. Beautiful work. I'm eagerly waiting to see the final product. He also offered up the use of his spray gun and the assistance to get my side cover painted (correctly, I might add). All I need to do is pick up some black paint and I'll be ready to rock.

It's hard to believe that Summer is nearly over. Although I often ride until November, it's strange how you can't wait for riding season to arrive, then lament it's passing far too soon.

If all goes well, I'll have my bike back on the road by Friday.


No comments: