Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Williamston!

I rode to Williamston yesterday and was surprised at the quaint little town loaded with motorcycles. Lots of parking and lots of things to see, this little burg will be a place to visit again in the near future.

I stopped for lunch in a place called Country Kitchen Restaurant (bringing to mind Country Kitchen Buffet) but the food was anything but mundane. I had to park my bike down the street because there literally was no place to park in front of this restaurant. There was, however, a


great looking Can-am Spider, as well as a few Goldwings and a Harley in attendance. Of course, the ear-splitting rumble made me fear for my hearing.

There are a number of sites to see in Williamston, small shops and restaurants, but a number of empty buildings too. Guess Williamston is like many other small towns, struggling to get along.
The roads were in good repair,and quite a bit of effort has been taken to get the buildings to look "small town/quaint urban". As I mentioned, there were a lot of bikes travelling back and forth, riders in groups of 2 or 3. Primarily Harley's, though I did see a Yamaha.


I really wish I could have taken a pic or two of my bike; I'll have to make that a priority in future posts. The bike ran really well, seeming to enjoy the highway a bit more than in town/25mph cruising. I've noticed that my gas cap leaked a bit of gas after the fill up. Luckily, no damage was done to the tank, but I can't help but wonder about replacing the gasket. I'll have to look into that.

No comments: