Monday, October 05, 2009

Cold

It's definitely Fall, that time of year when leaf colors start changing, brisk winds make riding uncomfortable and the monthly heating bill begins to rise.

In all honesty, I haven't ridden the bike much for the past couple of weeks, mainly Michigan's cold wet weather. As I stated earlier, riding in the cold is not only uncomfortable, but dangerous as well. With temps in the 40's (too soon, in my humble opinion) the car is a much more comfy option.

However, tonight I am riding my bike to work. I miss the old boy, and, since winter is approaching, I really need to take advantage of the occasional warm day. Soon, I'll have to prepare the bike for winter.

I'm already looking forward to next spring...

2 comments:

Rob said...

I get back home on 24Oct09 and believe the riding season in Western, NY will be finished. It looks like we both will have to put our bikes to slumber. Last year during the winter I did allot of upgrades to the cycle in my unheated garage. Cold but fun.

Unknown said...

Was actually going to take the bike out last night, only to discover that my headlight gremlin has returned. It kept flickering on and off while I warmed the bike up, so I decided to do the wise thing and leave the bike home, rather than risking losing the headlight at night on some dark street...