Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bike has a new name: FauX

I decided to christen my bike FauX, after all, it resembles an X, and when I first went out to purchase it, I was told it was an X, but, it is not an X, a fact I will deal with. I considered, briefly, buying an X instrument cluster, a bolt on faux radiator, and 2 of those 5Valve chrome carb covers, but the fact remains, it's not an X.

Not to mention, changing out the cylinder head would be a LOT of work. :)

So, I'll stick with my little FauX, keep on shining, polishing, tinkering, until I can't do anymore.

Then, I'll do some more. There is one certainty in the universe, one constant that remains above all others: There is ALWAYS something to work on with a bike that is 24+ years old and counting. Cleaning dirt out of the creases. Touching up the minor rust that forms on the bad welds in all the corners, cleaning each indivdual wire from the harness until it gleams and screams new, cleaning all the contacts... you see where I'm going with this.

I plan on taking a ride out to Pinckney today and visit DW and his newly painted X. I plan to bring my camera and take some of my own photos because, frankly, I can't believe his bike parts can look that good. I'm also going to visit Hell, MI, if for no other reason to get one of those t-shirts that proudly proclaim, "I've Been To HELL."

No comments: