Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I've been to Hell and back

Drove out to Pinckney today to check out DW's paint job up close and personal, and pick up my sunglasses I forgot the last time I was out there. Since I had some time to kill, I thought, why not go to hell?

I had lunch at a little place called the Dam Site Inn, more a pub than an Inn, but pretty decent fish and chips. They serve a mean buffalo burger too, I've heard. Apparently, this place is pretty popular with the Harley crowd that comes riding through as a lot of things seemed catered to our 2 wheeled comrades.

Hell doesn't appear to be very big. They did have a pretty cool place called Screams Ice Cream, a specialty shop that uses the town's peculair name in just about everything they say. "Welcome to Hell! Have a hell of a day! See you in Hell!" By the end of the visit, I had come up with a couple of my own interpretations for sayings based on the name, but I doubt they would be delivered with the same friendliness as that exhibited by the shopkeep. I bought a coffee mug there, and perused their t-shirt selection, but couldn't find one I really liked.

I enjoyed this little town. Bikers seemed welcome, and the people very friendly.

I made my way to Pinckney and got to see the excellent paint work done by Mr. DW. Unfortunately, a couple of fluffs/down from a tree had ended up on his tank, but he's pretty sure he can buff most of it out. I still think he did an awesome job. He gave me some ideas of things to do with my bike, as well as tips on how to go about getting it done.

I'm looking forward to seeing it put back together. I know it'll be stunning.

No comments: