Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

Rode the bike to work tonight, sunny weather, beautiful ride in. Bike fired right up (with minimal choke) and ran pretty well. I think I'll be doing a tune soon, since I know that those carbs could use a but more tweaking. Well I just heard there is the possibility of a severe thunderstorm tomorrow morning. I mentioned a couple of posts back that I was curious to see how the bike handled in the rain. I guess I'm going to find out.

A friend of mine ( the same fellow that helped me with my stuck pilot screws a couple of months back) just painted his tank and fenders. They look absolutely fantastic! I'm so jealous of the job he did. I wish I could have done that with my X so many years ago. His painting looks professionally done. Take a look. Absolutely amazing.

RT's bike is ready for some rehab. His link is here on my page. He's really taking off, though it might be a while before he's able to ride it. It does need new tires. The carb boot fix worked really well on his bike, a bit of tuning and some other tune up stuff and he'll be rolling.

I tried contacting Viragoking, but he's unavailable. I may take a ride out to his house to see what's up. He's the guy with the xv700. Hope everything is okay with him.

Wish me dry skies. I don't mind getting wet but I'm concerned about my tires and traction. I'll just drive slow.

No comments: