Monday, July 06, 2009

Bike's running Great!

I know it's not nearly as exciting or dramatic, but the bike is running pretty well. I need to turn in the settings a bit since I am running a bit rich. The plugs aren't nearly as sooty as they once were, and one side of the plug isn't sooty at all. Not sure what that means, exactly, but as a wise man once said, "better rich than lean." The bike is looking pretty good, but I am eager to get started on the front forks to see if I can shine them up. I am wondering if I can do it without taking the wheel off. Might be risky, but with taping things off, it might be possible.

Beautiful weather today, but I am only going ot be able to ride my bike to work. Working nights definitely puts a crimp on the old riding plans, but I have the next 4 days off so I may take a road trip up north. I've been wanting to see Traverse City and Elk Rapids and I think with the stretch of nice weather over the next couple of days might make the trip worthwhile. I'll be sure to take lots of pics.

It's about a 2 hour ride, definitely a beautiful trip.

Hope my ass is up to it. It's been a while since I've ridden that far.

No comments: