Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

It's the 4th of July! Fireworks galore!

I'll tell you what really bugs me. I don't mind if people light off fireworks, if the make a constant nuisance of themselves for a couple days, but I do mind the piles of burned out fireworks husks left behind in the street when they are finished. Pick up your garbage, people!

I took the bike out for a run today. Very happy with the way it's running. I do still need to tweak the settings a bit because I am still running lean, even after turning them out a 1/2 turn. I'm out to 3 now, and think if I take it to 3.5 that should do it.

I've decided that tires will be my next big expenditure for this bike. The front tire is from 2002 (if the date is correct) and the back tire is from before that (possibly 1997). A 12 year old tire just will not do. The scary thing is, the treads are still good on them, and no sign of cracks, but somehow riding on tires that are that old is nerve-wracking.

I also plan to start putting the shine on the front forks. Viragoking has done his, and in keeping up with the Jones's, I must also shine mine to a mirror like finish. I've heard you can use aircraft stripper to start, then polish to finish them up.

I'll post pics as I go. Taking the tires off might be a good time to do it.

No comments: