Friday, July 03, 2009

It's been a long time since I had a good running bike. I've worked for hours and hours tearing the carbs apart, checking valve clearances, oil changes, adjustments here, tweaks there. Finally, the bike is complete.

At least as far as the carbs are concerned. Roll Tape!

The pilot jet arrived today (pretty quick shipping if I do say so myself). and I quickly installed it. Due to previous injuries to my hands, it took me a little longer to get the boots installed, but I finally got everything hooked up and tank put back on.

It runs like a completely different bike. I took it out on the highway and quickly zipped to 70mph. Handles well, accelerates like it should, I did have to adjust the idle screw because after running for a bit, it was idling at about 3000rpms, but that was an easy fix. I have a little more tweaking to do, it seems I am running a bit lean. That, my friends, will be cake compared to what I've dealt with the last couple of weeks.

Now, new tires are in order, as well as possibly replacing the back brake. I am going to pull the tires off myself once I've saved enough cash.

Shouldn't take me too long.

I'm very happy with the way things turned out.

1 comment:

Chazmati said...

Congratulations! Hope to be in the same place soon with my new (used) XJ700XN.

Love the blog,

Chaz