Tuesday, September 26, 2006

99.9%

99.9% of the helmet looks great. The part that doesn't is right in front by the vent. I'm going to see if I can do a bit of touch up. The damn tape came wasn't seated correctly (or I did a crappy job taping it off) so I missed a couple centimeters of primer. It's pretty obvious, but hopefully the touch up will fix the problem.

On the other hand, I forgot to cover my bike while priming, so now there are little grey specks of paint on the chrome . I'm such an idiot sometimes! I'm hoping I can use something to get the paint off, but who knows. Perhaps I should leave well enough alone and just accept what I have.

Can't do it.

I'll always strive to make the bike look better, even if I make mistakes in the meantime. When the clinic is over, I'll know how to tear down the engine and then I can really get to work cleaning things up. The engine is still dirty, but I think with a little elbow grease, It'll turn out nice.

My dreams of having the tank done by clinic time have come and gone. I'll just wait til this winter and get it done. I have to remember to bring the paint and bondo into the house before it gets too cold. I'm not sure how that stuff will fare in freezing cold conditions.

Considering the age of the bike, I am really surprised at it's condition. I have seen newer bikes in worse shape.

I'm seriously considering that lift for the bike as a X-mas present.

As I said, not much chance for riding today, maybe just a short trip around the block.

No comments: