Sunday, September 24, 2006

Is it possible?

It's hard for me to process, but I may actually get some riding in today! The rain has stopped, the sun is shining! Of course, there are lots of other things to do, including laundry that has gone un-washed for a while, a lawn that is starting to get a little too long and a dog that is in serious need of a bath. It is my hope that all this rain will lead to perfect weather this weekend, no rain, not too cold... I know, end of September, a lot to ask. One can dream though, can't one?

Tried starting the bike this morning, sans starter fluid, no luck. With all the rain, I am not surprised. I am hoping the carb clinic will take care of that problem. In some ways it's irritating because here I'll have this perfectly running maching, lovingly tended to by those far more experienced than I, only to park it for the winter.

It's a little confusing as far as storage is considered. Full tank with stabil added? Empty the tank, coat the inside with oil to help prevent rust? Perhaps at the clinic I can bring these issues up and get a concrete answer. I'm definitely leaning towards a battery charger and a bike stand. It'll make things much easier come this spring. Geez... the first snowflake has yet to fall and already I am thinking of Spring.

I took a look at google earth today and the directions provided me by Hap. It's going to be a long trip, certainly longer than any other I have taken on the bike. I'll be passing the dreaded exit where my spill occurred, but shoot right into Port Huron then into Canada. Hap says I should fill up every 75 miles, rather than wait til the last minute. I agree. I don't want to get stuck somewhere gas-less.

Man, Canada is a huge country...

No comments: