Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Parts ordered...

Beautiful day, albeit a bit cool, for riding. I called Full Throttle Motor Sports and ordered my front fork seals which could possibly be replaced at the carb clinic in 2 weeks. I sent an email to Russ (host of this years carb-fest) and he said it's possible to get them changed, along with the front wheel bearings. I sure hope so. I think if I saw it done once, I could figure it out. My bike is running a little choppy, but it's probably that new air filter and the leaner mixture of gas and air. I have a feeling I'm going to have what amounts to a whole new bike come weekend after next.

I am going to print out the best way to get to Haps house and make sure that map gets put in the tank bag. Friday night at a hotel then Sat. morning we take off for the clinic. Saturday night I'll be staying at Russ's house, then taking off early Sunday morning back to Hap's (maybe).

It's a little scary going that far on my own with no back up. All I'll have is my cell phone, and Dan won't be able to come and save me...

That's all right. I have faith in the XJ.

No comments: