Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Rubbing...


Well, it was a lot of hard work, but the end result is pretty decent. I followed the directions to the letter regarding the mirror type finish you are supposed to be able to achieve, but I still think it could use some work.

Ah well, I am happy to let it stand as is. No chips or scratches, nothing to marr the paint, so I guess I'm happy. :) It is a very nice finish, and it wasn't as difficult as I first thought it would be. I'm eager to get started on the tank as soon as possible. Once that's done, then I am going to figure out a way to paint the frame of the bike without taking the whole bike apart. I should probably do it the hard way, but...






Well, here's my impromptu workshop. I have a nice view of the pond I put in right outside my window. Notice the many bottles of seafoam. I usually buy a couple of bottles every time I make it out to Murray's or Menards. Menards seems to have it for less. $4.88 a bottle. I plan on running a couple of bottles through in the next couple of days, mainly because the bike is running a little choppy. I bought and installed that K&N filter, but it isn't doing much for roughness. I'm thinking the only thing that is going to fix that problem is the carb clinic in 2 weeks.

I think I have enough paint to do the tank. The rear fender... well, I will get to that sooner or later, but it's actually in really good shape. The front fork seals definitely need to be done, as well as the front wheel bearings (though to be honest, I haven't heard that weird clicking since the spill... :-?

I also received the XJCD's! I'm very excited because now I have a definitive source for all the parts I need to make the bike run and look fantastic. I am thinking of taking the bearings with me to the clinic and see if it can't be done there since they will have all the tools. Also the front fork seals. I don't want to push it, but...

No comments: