Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Dyna-might!

So I've been looking into dyna coils to replace the stock coils on the bike. I'm hoping it will improve the starting (and end the bike's dependence on starter fluid). The problem is, they're expensive. They seem to run about 130.00US, which is a lot of moola for something I don't necessarily need (at this point). It's definitely something I am going to have to do, but I think I have spent too much money on the bike this year.

The weather is getting cold, so I'm not sure how much more riding I am going to be able to get in. I'm hoping to take a nice roadtrip this weekend, and if the weather holds, this might be the last weekend to do so. I also need to burn off some more gas so I don't have to drain as much. Then, off comes the tank.

I'm hoping to get the carbtune II in the next week or so, and plan to tune the bike at least once. At least to become more familiar with it. I imagine this spring, the bike is going to fly.

I got notification of my membership with RIDE Michigan, a motorcycle club that seems pretty cool. I am the local chapter captain for the Lansing area! Wee! I plan on doing some stuff this spring with the club, recruiting members, etc. I'm also a member of the DRC (Dewitt Riding Club) a local bike club. Seems like a nice group of folks. I don't think I'll ever be one of those guys that wears dirty leathers and covered in tattoo's, but hey, if thats your bag, more power to you.

No comments: