Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cleaning cleaning...

Got lots done on the bike today, including slowly rubbing away the gunk/varnish on the engine. I found that using a little handheld sander has made the job easier. Now, to just get into those little nooks and crannies.

Drove up to FTMS today to buy some things, including an oil filter, new spark plugs and a cleaning solvent that was supposed to work magic on the varnish. Nope. No rabbits here.

Oddly, the spark plugs on my bike are stock, but the caps aren't. Or the plugs aren't stock, and the caps are. BP8ES is the plug on my bike, but the top of the plug has a threaded contact, not the blunt resistor. My guess is, the caps were switched out for these. I just ordered a new set that should be here in a few days, then, it's switch up time. I also found a great deal on a gauge that tests compression, though I have no idea how to use it, yet. No pics today, perhaps tomorrow. I waxed the tank again, and the side covers and fenders, and man, are they shiny.

No comments: