Thursday, September 14, 2006

Joy Ride

Took the bike out for a nice cruise today. It actually stopped raining! Hard to believe... I also received my title for the bike, so he's officially mine. :)

I stopped into FTM and ordered front brake pads. It's going to cost about $55.00 total for 2 sets (required). I am going to have ot figure something out for a cotter pin to help hold those bolts in place. One I know for sure is broken, and am not sure about the others. I think after such a long time, the pins are just brittle with age. I'm thinking I might be able to use a paper clip (very small) to help hold them in place.

It's definitely nice being out on the road again. I'm thinking that after the Canada trip, my bike should be running 110% better. I hope so. It's a long way, and the bike and I are going to get to know one another really well. I'll have the new air filter by Tuesday (nearly cancelled it tonight. When I stopped in, they told me it wouldn't be in the store til the 29th. The day I leave.) I talked to a manager and he made sure the part will be here by Tuesday. YaY!

So, my next magical trick will be installing new brake pads, installing the new air filter and possibly doing an oil change. I would like to get the tank done, but I may end up waiting on that.

I'm hoping to get the wheel bearings done before I go, but if not, maybe Hap and I can knock em out. I'm also torn on getting those engine covers, but I think the black would look really sharp.

No comments: