Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Praise be...

I didn't get a whole lot of chance to work on the bike today. I did find that the bolts I thought were seized and stripped turned fairly simply today, after the administration of PBBlast, a loosening compound for seized bolts. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful. It would have been a pain in the butt, not to mention a large chunk of it, if I had to take it into a shop.

I'm leaning more and more towards getting the tank done before I go to Canada. I'm not 100% sure yet, but it would be nice to have a clean tank and fenders.

It rained most of the day today, so riding was out. I did get a lot of sanding done on the bike, shining up the aluminum striping on the side of the engine. I am going to use a coarser grit, however. Someone said it's safe to use like 300 or so.

I'm closer to getting the tank off. I am thinking of stripping it off on Thursday, stripping the paint, sanding, priming, sanding, priming, sanding, painting.... on and on, til the top coat goes on.
I'm eager to get it done.

Short entry today. I confirmed my place at the Carb Clinic with one of the hosters of the event, and he offered me a place to stay, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I'm thinking about hitting a hotel on Friday, however, just so I can get cleaned up and ready for the clinic. Haven't heard back from him yet, but expect word from him soon.

I am expecting the tach cover tomorrow. Once that little bit is fixed up, the bike will look a lot better. I hate the damage I have done, and vow to be extra careful in the future.

No comments: