Monday, September 11, 2006

Stripped... not a good thing

I just came in from a frustrating hour of trying to loosen the caliper bolts on the front tire. They are on there so tight, I can't get them off, and I think the bolts are stripped. DAMN IT! I am going to have to take it to a shop and see if they can loosen them. Maybe they can use heat or something. I'm at a loss. I'm going to do some research today, after I get done studying.

Picked up a few more items for the bike. 2 bottles of Seafoam (only 4.88US a bottle at Menards) a new ratchet, some extensions and an oil pan. I was using one of the kids' sleds, but this is a bit more convenient (especially when it comes to dumping the oil into a container).

Took a short ride out to Sophia's, my new breakfast hang out. Kind of nice they recognize me. :)

I spent about an hour polishing the aluminum stripes on the engine tonight. Looks a lot better, but still have a lot of work to do. Putting that por-15 on it was a bad idea, so I may just paint over the top with some sort of enamel. I also attempted to take the gas tank off, to get to work on those carbs, but ran into some trouble removing the fuel line from the fuel filter. It's really stuck! The line is pretty old, so I want to be careful.

I also ordered a K&N air filter today. Almost $50! I hope it does what people claim it can do. I think I am going to get started on that gas tank this week. It would be nice to have it all done by the time I head out for Canada.

No comments: