Friday, September 01, 2006

TICKED!


So I drive to Jackson today, a little burg outside of Lansing, someplace I have always wanted to go just to see what it's like. I get there no problem, make good time, and make it back Then I notice something rather alarming.

MY LICENSE PLATE IS GONE.

Vanished. Just like that. I find it hard to believe it just fell off, because I just recently tightened it up (for fear of this very thing happening). Could someone have stolen it? I don't know. I do know that now I am going to have to wait til Tuesday to ride it (that's as soon as I can get down to the SoS to "buy" a new license.) which really irks me because I wanted to put some serious miles on the bike this weekend.

Now, I have no choice but to wait.

..sigh..

I guess I can do some cleaning up on the bike, paint the engine black (at least the parts that need it) and some other cosmetic things.

Well, I took the saddlebags off, and I must say, I like the way it looks without them. Of course, I'll still use them for long trips and whatnot, but in the meantime.

When I get my new plate, that is.

I drove back out to Jackson today, doing about 45mph looking along the roadside just in case the plates had fallen off, but nothing. I didn't really expect to find them anyway. I know I just recently tightened those, so it's unlikely they vibrated loose on such a short trip. I actually drive to Grand Rapids today, hoping to get into the SoS office located there, but of course, they were closed for the holiday as well. I wrote a pretty lengthy email to the secretary about that. I mean, they could have at least posted the fact that they were going to be closed in an obvious place, but no. It was hidden away on some other page. I guess I'm more angry that I have to wait to ride it.

I have gotten some cleaning done, and a little painting on some of the more obvious areas on the engine.

More cleaning tomorrow. I should have planned better. I could have gotten my tank painted this weekend. Patience...

No comments: