Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Short Trip

Just like a car, I'm finding that any kind of motor vehicle costs money. Just when you think you have everything you need, WHaM! Something else pops up. Case in point. I just spent about $30.00 for stripper, paint and primer for the tank. Far cheaper than it would be if I were to get it done professionally, but still, that's cash money out the door for a project I won't work on til this winter.

I passed my motorcycle written test today. Not sure what was wrong with me yesterday, but maybe I was too excited. $22.50 later, I am the proud owner of a piece of paper that says I can drive a motorcycle legally on the road.

I drove for quite a while today, filled up the tank, then drove some more. Almost made it to Caledonia again, but knew I had to work tonight so decided to come on back. Going out there was nice and peaceful, took a country road almost all the way, the occasional smell of cow dung hanging in my helmet long after I passed the field. The view of the lake I passed (Lake Odessa) was very nice. I am going to start remembering to bring my camera with me when I go for a cruise, just for a memento. I think I put on about 100 miles total.

Bill confirmed for tomorrow. I am running back up to Autozone to return a socket wrench I bought from them that doesn't fit. Those spark plugs sure aren't easy to get out. :)

Oddly enough, you apparently have to buy a special wrench for the spark plugs. The original bike came with a socket wrench, but that's long gone now. You can't buy them anywhere, and the lady at the autoparts store said I could buy one through a bike shop. She said to be prepared to spend major moola on it.

Yeah... lady in a auto parts store. Crazy, isn't it? Almost as crazy as a gay man in his late 30's riding a motorcycle. :)

No comments: