Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fixed, sort of...

Well, I sort of got it working. I finished my clunk test, reinstalled everything and the idle was back down to an acceptable 1050rpms... that is, until I took it out for a test ride. When I got back and shut it off, I tried starting it again, and it wouldn't turn over. I pulled one of the plugs and it was sooty as a chimney. I pulled all the plugs, cleaned them up and reinstalled them (I probably wouldn't recommend doing this, but no one had the BP8ES plugs I needed!) It started up again, only to foul the plugs horribly. Later in the day, I messed a bit with the pilot screws, but until I get the Morgan Carb tune and colortune, I am just guessing. My ear is not tuned enough to tell when it's running clean.

I did get my YICS tool today. I am thinking of maybe pulling the carbs off the bike and taking a good look at everything. The funny thing is, it was running pretty good until I started messing with it!

I also ordered the Dyna coils and wires for the bike. The PO cut one of the wires pretty short, which could explain why sometimes the bike has a hard time starting. Man, I am spending waaay too much on this bike. I am not going to spend any more though. I am tapped out.

I did fashion a temporary fuel source using some fuel line and the gas tank. Works pretty well.

Come on, Morgan!

No comments: