Friday, June 05, 2009

iT LiVeS!!

Well, the bike is running, albeit without the pilot screw and the carbtuning. That's a necessity, and I think once that's done, I can start riding it all the time. I have to add all the little accessories to it (the chrome airbox covers, the trim pieces for the carbs) and then it'll be 100%.

I should be getting the carb tune any day now, and I haven't heard back from chacal regarding that pilot screw, so that may not be until late next week. I also ordered another boot because one of them was pretty hard.

You know, as I sat staring at the frame of my bike today, I thought, "There's no reason why I can't put the carbs back on." So I did just that. Of course, once I did that, I needed to put the tank back on. Things just kind of fell into place after that. I knew that starting it up would be rough, especially since the willy-nilly nature of the twisting of the screws. I'm going to do some more research tonight on float levels, maybe installing some louder horns, perhaps change out some lights. Little things. I think my days of tearing the bike down are over.

At least for this week.

No comments: