Sunday, June 07, 2009

Killing me...

I don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but there seems to be a lot of bikes on the road, more than in days past. Or, maybe it's because mine is still sitting in the garage awaiting the final screw and boot to make it road worthy.

Well, that and the carb tune, which REALLY needs to be done. That shoud arrive tomorrow (10days+ since I ordered it, and Morgan is known for their expediency in shipping those things.

Needless to say, the next week is going to be a busy one.

If:

* I get all parts and supplies for the bike, I could have it on the road by late Tuesday.
* I don't run into any problems getting it all tuned up. That valve clearance issue is starting to worry me...
* Should have checked float levels (may still do that) and bench synched the bike (not looking forward to pulling carbs off again, but will if I have to)

It's beautiful weather today, and is supposed to rain a lot in the coming week... which I suppose will give me ample time to get the bike up to throttle zipping standards.

Polished the side covers again. Very shiny.

Ran the bike for a bit. The plugs are still fouling pretty badly, but considering how far out of synch everything has to be, I guess I am not surprised. I have a new set of plugs ready to slap in, once I have everything in hand.

Ha! I won set of carb boots on ebay for about $20. About the same I paid for one carb boot from chacal. Of course, these are used, and it doesn't appear that there are any clamps that come with them. If nothing else, I can sell these on ebay myself.

Come on, Monday.

No comments: