Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Day

It's supposed to be beautiful today. Great riding weather...

Looks like I may be pulling my carbs again. (grr)

However, this time it's not to pull the carbs apart, but to re bench sync them and check that silly intake manifold on #2. It's a lot of work, but I should be able to have it done in a couple of hours.

I'm going to replace the throttle cable (19.00) and the carb hat screws. Some of them are pretty mangled, and that was before I got my paws on them. I didn't know that there were 3 different sized screws that fit. (short medium and long) There is a bolt and screw place not too far from here. I am going to see if they have anything comparable ($1.40 for the ones from chacal x 16 =22.40). I'm also going to China Freight to see if I can get my hands on a feeler gauge set. Online it looks like the one they have in stock will work. Truth is, I'm a little worried about doing this job. But, it can't be any worse than the carbs, right? :)

I know I'll get this bike up to 100% soon. I just have little issues to work out. More pics later today.

No comments: