Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So what did I do?

I got quite a bit done today. Valve cover reinstalled, oil added, put the bike all back together and started it up.

Did it run? Yep, though now it really needs a carb tune. I tried doing a compression test, but I think there is something wrong with the cheap piece of crap I bought off ebay. I got numbers ranging from 75-155, all on one cylinder! Just goes to show you get what you pay for. I did hook the colortune up to a couple of the cylinders just to see where I was at in the grand scheme of things. Based on a couple of the plugs, I knew I was running rich, but the first one I did turned out nearly perfect, that being cylinder #4. Check out the video.



Of course, the other cylinder I checked was #1, and take a look at how badly out of settings this one is.



I knew it was going to be work... but that first cylinder gave me hope.

I did take it for a short ride, and there were some hesitancy issues, I'm sure those will work themselves out with a proper color tune. Once I get it sync'd, I'll be golden!

Then what? I'm not sure, but I think this will become my main form of transportation for the summer and early fall. I'd like to plan a trip somewhere (Hell is nice this time of year :) I do need to ride out to Pinckney and show off my bike to DW.

Plus, I've never been to Hell, and it's about time I made a visit.

No comments: