Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Really getting frustrated

Now I'm frustrated. I'm not sure what is going on with the bike, but it seems to be one thing after another. First it was the coils, then it was the carbs, then it was the carbs, now it's the carbs!!!

I'm nearing the point of just giving up. No matter what I do, I keep ending up back at the same place I started. I am currently installing the carbs for the third time after cleaning them again. I bought some shitty fuel line (though it was damned expensive) with a light blue coating on the inside. It's done nothing but flake away (leading to messed up carbs again and again.) Of course, I didn't know that was the problem at the time. Thanks a lot, Autozone. Way to go.

I had to stop the re-installation because it was getting to dark out to see. Tomorrow I'll be at it again. Of course, the burn on my hand isn't helping things either. HUGE blister on the palm of my right hand. Two of them, in fact.

I really hope this does it for the bike. I actually got it running this morning. Rode it up and bought some gas, but same issue (although to be honest, the pick up was scary fast) it started acting screwy and when Igot home, the bike wouldn't start again. Fouled plugs. I am going to turn the screws out to 4 and see what happens.

I really just want to ride. That's all. Is it too much to ask? Maybe I should talk with Tex from work. He fixes small engines. Maybe he'd have some ideas.

No comments: