Friday, June 12, 2009



Hooked up the carb sync... this is what resulted. I am not sure why I have such poor response on #2, but it is keeping me from synching the rest of the carbs. It doesn't make much sense to colortune either, until I have this issue worked out. The video states #3, but it is actually #2. But, the carbs are numbered 4,3,2,1 whereas the intake is numbered 1,2,3,4. Not sure why those crazy Japanese engineers designed it that way, but it sure does lead to some confusion.

I don't know that it's not the valves, but considering it was running pretty good before I got my hands on it (including changing the oil sodden, dirt encrusted air filter, plugs from the late 80's, drive shaft oil, coils, plug caps, new fuel filter, dielectrifying every accessible contact, and tons of dirt and much removed from the carbs x4!!!!) you'd think it would be happy now.

I'll keep hacking away at these issues as they arise.

No comments: